We have Beards so we know Movies: The Avengers (2012)
I just saw The Avengers. In 3D.
And I loved it. I haven’t been this entertained at the cinema since me and Janne the Director went to see Fast Five a year ago. That time I predicted I would experience the manliest night of my life, with fast cars, adrenaline, sweat, fast cars and non-stop action.
This time I had a similar prediction. But instead of the manliest night of my life, I predicted it to be the nerdgasmiest night of my life.
And it was! And no wonder when they had gathered a bunch of my childhood comic book heroes and had them shoot stuff, blow up stuff and pounce bad guys to the ground for two and a half hours. And the greatest superhero of them all got to do some smashing.
Yeah, I’m talking about The Hulk. For me, The Hulk alone made this movie a must-see.
And I must say, after seeing this movie, Mark Ruffalo is my favorite Bruce Banner since.. well, since he was called David Banner and played by Bill Bixby.
But even though I am first and foremost a Hulk fan, I think all the other superheroes delivered great moments too. Tony Stark/Iron Man spoke in his usual amusing one-liner type dialogue, Natasha Romanoff/The Black Widow was bad-ass and sexy and got to explain on numerous occasion that she’s actually Russian (something that was overlooked in her appearance in Iron Man 2), Captain America and The Mighty Thor showed off some serious muscle tone and Hawkeye showed off awesome bow and arrow skills.
But even though I loved this movie, I do have a couple of questions:
1. I know this question will show my lack of knowledge when it comes to parts of the Marvel Universe, but what the hell is Nick Fury supposed to be doing? What’s his role in all this? I love Samuel L Jackson, but I felt like he was kind of just there, with a badge over his eye, not doing anything specific.
2. If Marvel fans was upset that Black Widow wasn’t established as Russian in Iron Man 2, why aren’t people upset that The Mighty Thor and Loki have British accents instead of speaking Norwegian? They are Norse Gods, aren’t they?
3. Why do I still insist on watching these 3D-converted movies when it doesn’t add anything to the watching experience, but rather is a bit annoying instead?
4. How much was Stellan Skarsgård paid for returning as Professor Erik Selvig and speaking ten lines?
5. A bit off topic, but whatever is happening with that new Hulk TV show reboot that I wrote about back in 2010? Anyone know?
Finally..fun, entertaining movie.. lots of superheroes.. Hulk smashes stuff .. go see it.
- [MOV] The Avengers (smakendahed.wordpress.com)
- #23 – The Avengers (mymoviechallenge2012.wordpress.com)
- The Avengers (Joss Whedon, 2012) (faircomments.wordpress.com)
- “The Avengers” (politicalstrife.wordpress.com)
- Klart för “The Avengers 2” (aftonbladet.se)
- Avengers en rejäl kassako (aftonbladet.se)
- ”The Avengers” historiska superpremiär (aftonbladet.se)
More “We have Beards so we know Movies!” Reviews
The Hunger Games
The Thing (2011) vs The Thing (1982) vs The Thing from Another World (1951)
The Turin Horse
Midnight in Paris Green Lantern
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Death Wish 1-5
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D
Red Riding Hood
The Hangover Part II