Scoop: HE plays “Johan” in the Gevalia FIKA Commercial
A moment ago I wrote about the mysterious actor who plays the Swedish character Johan in the U.S. Gevalia commercial. I couldn’t help myself, my curiosity was too strong, so I decided to channel my inner Columbo and solve the mystery myself. And believe it or not, I did!
His name is Jon Prescott and he is actually born in Mountain View, California, USA. That explains why his “Swedish” accent sounded more like a mashup between German and Danish. And why, as I said in my previous post, he couldn’t even pronounce the Swedish word “fika” correctly.
Since fika is kind of important in the Swedish culture there have been protests on forums and on Youtube about Swedish company Gevalia not getting the accent right.
Next time Gevalia should hire me and Sika to get the authentic bad Swedish/English accents. We’ve been practicing our entire life, we would totally nail it!
Now I’m taking a deserving fika. But NOT Gevalia.
- What does “fika” mean, precisely? (fikaafterfifty.wordpress.com)
- As Addicts, We Loved Fika, The Swedish Tradition Of Coffee Time(schwingeninswitzerland.wordpress.com)
- Taxi Embraces Sweden in Gevalia Campaign (adweek.com)
- Free Samples of Premium Gevalia Coffee! (susanheim.blogspot.com)
- Fika – Swedish cafe in Seoul (gracesfood.wordpress.com)
- Kaffe ~ coffee (fluffyflurries.wordpress.com)
- Blogg 07/04/2012 Bach, Red Barn, fika… (j5uliana.wordpress.com)