According to The Metal Archives, Sweden is the country with the best heavy metal bands! And in this case “best” means “most”. We have 53,2 metal bands per 100 000 citizens, which is more than any other country in the world. Suck it, Norway!
And as usual when it comes to Sweden there is only one thing to “blame” this on:
SOCIALISM!It seems that the free municipality music schools every Swede can participate in as children has paid off.. in beer-drinking satanists!! Also, rehearsal studios are subsidized in Sweden which also has contributed to the many bands popping up, not only metal ones.
As a direct result of this, I am going to enjoy a very fine Swedish metal band here in Umeå later this month called In Flames.
- A Brief Survey of Finnish Heavy Metal (sutradharsmarket.wordpress.com)
- Grymmast på hårdrock (aftonbladet.se)
- GRAVEYARD: New Video Interview Posted Online (thesodashop.wordpress.com)
- New band of the day: Amanda Mair (No 1,225) (guardian.co.uk)
- IN FLAMES: New Audio Interview With PETER IWERS (roadrunnerrecords.com)
- Metal Perspectives (metalosophy.wordpress.com)