I might be the only person on Earth who has not seen KONY 2012. The 30-minute film is distributed on Youtube and Vimeo and has been called “the most viral video of all time” after reaching 100 million views in four weeks.
The film was made to raise awareness about Joseph Kony, one of the worst war criminals ever according to the organization Invisible Children who produced the film. But since I haven’t seen the film (I’m waiting for the Hollywood version starring Denzel Washington) that’s pretty much all I know about it. But what I do know is that there have been a couple of weird and funny spin off’s to the hit.
Way to celebrate 100 million views, props to Jason for showing his balls.. Eh, I mean having the balls to show his feelings!
Some people thought otherwise though, and he is now under psychiatric care. Get well soon Jason!
2. The film has also resulted in an App called “Kick Kony’s Ass”! It’s basically a game where you with different combinations can release your anger on Kony by punching his face, just by tapping the screen on your mobile phone.
After the film became a huge viral success there have been a lot of critique against Invisible Children, but I am not going into that. I don’t have a clue and every other blog on the web seems to have written about it already.
But even if I wanted to write the greatest editorial piece on Invisible Children the world has ever seen, I don’t have the time. I’m busy beating the crap out of Kony as we speak!
- Kony 2012 (hannumsa1992journalist.wordpress.com)
- Who is the man behind Kony 2012? (theprbuzz.wordpress.com)
- Group 6 – KONY 2012 (atec3326s12.wordpress.com)
- ‘Kony 2012′ Exec – Joked About Keeping $900k Donation for Himself! (shabooty.com)