My Oscar Picks for the 84th Academy Awards in 2012
My selected winners are in red.
1. I haven’t seen Hugo… but since I’ve heard it’s great I picked it as a winner in categories I don’t have a clue about.. like Art Direction..
2. I haven’t seen any of the movies in the short subject categories either. And since Hugo wasn’t nominated in any of them, here’s hoping I did some lucky guessing.
3. I hated Tree of Life. I actually think there should be a special Academy Award for the person who endured watching it all the way through.
4. I hated The Help too. That movie was like.. Hmm, how do I express that I hated “The Help” without sounding racist..? It’s a challenge as big as writing about Marty Feldman without mentioning the eyes.. Okay, to be safe I’ll steal Janne the Director’s description of The Help: “It’s like they’ve taken every book Oprah Winfrey has ever promoted in her book club, mixed them together and allowed Grey’s Anatomy-skilled actors to tell the story”. Phew, problem averted.. And now, my picks!!
Best Original Screenplay
Best Adapted Screenplay
Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, The Descendants
John Logan, Hugo
George Clooney, Beau Willimon and Grant Heslov, The Ides of March
Steven Zaillian, Aaron Sorkin and Stan Chervin, Moneyball
Bridget O’Connor and Peter Straughan, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Best Foreign Feature
Best Animated Feature
Documentary Short Subject
Martial Corneville, Lynn Johnston and Matthew W. Mungle, Albert Nobbs
Nick Dudman, Amanda Knight and Lisa Tomblin, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Mark Coulier and J. Roy Helland, The Iron Lady
Music (Original Score)
Music (Original Song)
Short Film (Animated)
Short Film (Live Action)
- The 84th Academy Awards 2012 Best Picture Porn Titles (lunkiandsika.wordpress.com)
- Michael Sheen: The Hollywood Reporter celebrates the 84th annual Academy Awards nominees at the Getty House (23/02/12) (thevampireclub.wordpress.com)
- Academy Awards: Jack Nicholson’s Best Oscar Appearances Of All Time (news.moviefone.com)
- Voilà! Oscar predictions – with a French twist (seattletimes.nwsource.com)