Million Mustache March
It sounds like a joke (or at least a movie starring Burt Reynolds and Tom Selleck) but it’s not. The American mustache lobby is headed to Washington D.C. to promote mustache awareness in an effort to convince lawmakers to encourage Americans to grow facial hair.
Rally organizers plan to mobilize their mustache-wearing supporters on April 1 (seriously?) at the White House and march to Capitol Hill. Their goal is to pass the “Stimulus To Allow Critical Hair Expenses,” or STACHE Act, which would “provide a $250 annual tax deduction for expenditures on mustache grooming supplies” and boost the economy.
The subsidy, according to a 2010 proposal , “would cover all products required for any proper mustache-wearing patriot, including:
- Mustache and beard trimming instruments
- Weightless conditioning agents and wax
- Facial hair coloring products (for men and women over 43 years of age)
- Mustache combs and mirrors
- Burt Reynolds wallet-sized photos”
But even though it sounds too good to be true, NO, I’m not making this up! Only in America…
To give the American Mustache Movement our support I’m going to persuade Lunki and Janne the Director to join me on April 1 and shave down our beards to bring forth three glorious mustaches. It’s not going to be a challenge to do that, just look what we looked like when had a party celebrating the birthday of Wilford Brimley.
- Finally a REAL poltical issue (trolldens.blogspot.com)
- Million Mustache March Planned for April to Support STACHE Act (inquisitr.com)
- Coming Soon: Million Mustache March (abcnews.go.com)
- MILLION MUSTACHE MARCH: April Demonstration Planned to Encourage Growth of Facial Hair (blippitt.com)
- Mustached Americans seek tax break for grooming products (foxnews.com)
- Get Ready for the Million-Mustache March (newsfeed.time.com)