Stephen Colbert’s Major Announcement
Yesterday I wrote about the possibility of Stephen Colbert announcing his run for republican presidential candidate on last nights episode of The Colbert Report.
But before he could even consider doing that, he was told by his personal lawyer Trevor Potter that he can’t be a candidate while at the same time keep his Super Pac. All due to the risk of him coordinating his campaign with himself…
To solve that problem, he signed over his”Colbert Super Pac” to friend and business partner Jon Stewart (who immediately got a pure cash erection).
The Colbert Super Pac was pronounced dead, but revived a second later as The Definitely NOT Coordinating with Stephen Colbert Super Pac.
And then he was ready to make a proud announcement… ..
Nation, I have a major announcement to make. For over a day now the people of South Carolina have been crying out for someone who can restore our nations former greatness to its current perfection. Well America, that someone.. ..is now..
I am proud to announce that I’m forming an exploratory committee to lay the groundwork for my possible candidacy for the President of the United States of South Carolina. I’M DOING IT!!
Hilarious. I guess we have to wait for his real announcement, but it’s going to be so much fun to follow the developments leading up to it.
Yesterday, I wrote about how T-Post somehow anticipated this and immediately backed Colbert as a presidential candidate. Today, I’m proud to announce that the entire team here at Lunki and Sika joining them as “Stephen Colbert for President” hopefuls. Well, all of us except from Johnny the Intern. Since he is a full blooded Christian he is still backing Michele Bachmann. But he is also a moron, so he hasn’t fully understood that she’s already out of the race.
Go Colbert, Socialist Sweden is behind you all the way to the White House!!
- Socialist Sweden Supports Stephen Colbert for President (lunkiandsika.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: Colbert Makes Huge Campaign Announcement (huffingtonpost.com)
- Could you handle Stephen Colbert running for President? (bazaardaily.com)
- Stephen Colbert Announces He Is Forming An ‘Exploratory Committee’ For President (mediaite.com)
- Stephen Colbert Transfers Super PAC to Jon Stewart, Forms Exploratory Committee For Presidential Run (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Stephen Colbert for president? (politico.com)
- Stephen Colbert enters the 2012 presidential race (examiner.com)