Carl Bildt, Snooki and The Wrath of God
Still no snow here in northern Sweden. It’s weird, since usually this time of year means dressing like an eskimo and putting on skis to get around outside. Is this that global warming everyone is talking about or is God punishing us for something?
And speaking of God, today is the first Sunday of Advent. It’s a big thing in Sweden. Carl Bildt, Sweden’s Minister for Foreign Affairs, tweeted that Advent Sunday “is the day we Swedes go to Church in the anticipation of Christmas coming.”
I’m not saying he’s a liar, I’m sure some of us did go. Not all though, I stayed home and watched TV. I caught my first ever episode of “Jersey Shore” and immediately wanted to gouache my eyes and ears out. While failing to locate some scissors it struck me.. Now, this is just a theory but bear with me..
That show has been on the air for quite a few years now, right? Now, I have no evidence to back this up but could there be a connection between global warming and the reality show Jersey Shore? When did the show start and when did all this weird environmental changes start? If it’s simultaneously we can all be certain that it’s not actually global warming, but the Wrath of God, for not finding any scissors either. I’m not sure, but I think I might be on to something.
Carl Bildt, by the way, is a huge Snooki fan.
- Mildare advent inför ny vecka (carlbildt.wordpress.com)
- First Sunday of Advent (conjecturesguilty.wordpress.com)
- Sunday 27 November 2011: Advent 1 (wardwilmot.wordpress.com)
- Prayer for Sunday (Advent Sunday) (yourdailyprayer.wordpress.com)
- Frågar vad Carl Bildt skall göra åt det han twittrar (rebeckacarlsson.wordpress.com)
- 11/26: The Advent Wreath (unitedbyfaith.wordpress.com)
- First Sunday of Advent, Year B (andrewdoohan.wordpress.com)
- A Genuinely Easy Advent Activity (simchafisher.wordpress.com)