Sika’s 100 Greatest Movies of All Time! 31. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
31. Monty Python and the Holy Grail [DVD] (1975)
Plot: King Arthur (Graham Chapman) is looking for knights to sit with him at Camelot, and finds Sir Galahad the pure (Michael Palin), Sir Lancelot the brave (John Cleese), the quiet Sir Bedevere (Terry Jones), and Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-as-Sir Lancelot (Eric Idle).
When told by God to find the Holy Grail, they ride off on an adventure; forced to fight a killer rabbit, answer correctly (or die) at the bridge of Death, try to pass the knights who only say “Ni”, and survive the taunting of French soldiers. Who will survive the madness to find the Holy Grail?
And now! At Last! Another film completely different from some of the other films which aren’t quite the same as this one is. (tagline)
Also Starring: Terry Gilliam, Carol Cleveland, Neil Innes, Connie Booth
Directed by: Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones
Written by: Monty Python
Length: 91 min
Budget: $250,000 (estimated)
Gross Revenue: $5,028,948 (worldwide)
Sir Galahad: Is there someone else up there we can talk to?
French Soldier: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Nerdiest Movie Trivia: Earnings from Pink Floyd’s album Dark Side of the Moon went toward funding this movie.
PREVIOUS ON THE LIST: 32. Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade (1989)
- Sika’s 100 Greatest Movies of All Time! 37. Monty Python’s Life Of Brian (1979) (lunkiandsika.wordpress.com)
- Sika’s 100 Greatest Movies of All Time! 84. The Fisher King (1991) (lunkiandsika.wordpress.com)
- Sika’s 100 Greatest Movies of All Time! 32. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) (lunkiandsika.wordpress.com)
- How-To: Cut-out Animation with Monty Python’s Terry Gilliam (craftzine.com)