Sika’s 100 Greatest Movies of All Time! 48. Tommy Boy (1995)
48. Tommy Boy [DVD] (1995)
Plot: When Tom Callahan (Brian Dennehy), owner of an auto parts company dies, the company is left to his son Tommy Boy (Chris Farley). Trouble is, he is a dim-witted slob who took seven years to get a college degree. With his dad’s assistant Richard (David Spade) trying to guide him, they hit the road on a sales trip to save the company.
Tommy: Does this suit make me look fat?
Richard: No, your face does.
Review: Every Top 100 Greatest Movies of All Time list needs a lowbrow comedy with heart, starring a fat guy who falls and crushes a table and ultimately teams up for a funny road trip with a sarcastic sidekick.
This is that movie!!
Nerdiest Movie Trivia:
The film is actually an update of Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet’: Tommy is the Prince, his father dies, his mother (Bo Derek) is Gertrude, in reality married to his “step brother” (Rob Lowe) who is Claudius. David Spade’s character is Horatio.
PREVIOUS ON THE LIST: 49. Dirty Dancing (1987)
- My Chris Farley Move (lunkiandsika.wordpress.com)
- Actors We Miss: Chris Farley (cinematical.com)
- Snl (randomashley.wordpress.com)
- Chris Farley, King Of Pain (buzzfeed.com)
- The Ardynn Project and Day 8 Brings New Inspiration and Deals (thelimemagazine.wordpress.com)