Sika’s 100 Greatest Movies of All Time! 55. Aliens (1986)
55. Aliens [DVD] (1986)
Plot: Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), the only survivor of the Nostromo, is discovered in deep sleep half a century later by a salvage ship. When she is taken back to Earth, she learns that the planet from Alien (1979) has been colonized.
After contact with the colony is lost, she finds herself sent back to the planet along with a team of warriors bent on destroying the alien menace forever, and saving any survivors.
The bitch is back. (tagline)
Ripley: Get away from her, you bitch!
Review: How the hell do you follow up such a magnificent movie like Alien? Well, apparently you hire James Cameron, add some Rambo-soldiers, give Sigourney Weaver a weird perm, add a shitload of Alien creatures and make a full-blown action movie. Now that’s how you make a sequel Police Academy!!
Nerdiest Movie Trivia: The fifteen minute countdown at the end of the film is indeed fifteen minutes.
PREVIOUS ON THE LIST: 56. Die Hard With A Vengeance (1995)
- Sigourney Weaver on the Legacy of ‘Aliens’ & Her Sequel That Hollywood Won’t Make (moviefone.com)
- Revival House: “They mostly come at night … mostly …” (popdose.com)
- …With Your Best Shot: Aliens (okinawaassault.wordpress.com)
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot: “ALIENS” (thefilmexperience.net)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines, a ‘True Sequel to James Cameron’s classic Aliens,’ Out in 2012 [Video] (kotaku.com)