Diary of a Shopaholic
Whatever holic I am I’m on a shopping spree again after saving some money by selling my neighbor’s lawnmower. That should teach that smug bastard not to gloat about going to Greece for the summer.
Been a huge fan of his since the first time I picked up his V for Vendetta (that no movie could make justice of) but for some reason I have been dreading to read his later work.
My Top 3 Alan Moore:
- From Hell (that no Johnny Depp-movie could make justice of) is pretty much The Wire but instead of trying to nail drugdealers they try to nail Jack the Ripper.
- Lost Girls (Hardcover Edition) is… porn. But Alan Moore makes it classy like no other writer can. It’s the story of Alice from Alice In Wonderland, Wendy from Peter Pan and Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz meet up as grown ups and tell grown up stories about grown up things. It’s the book that made me feel comfortable trying on more recent Alan Moore…
- V for Vendetta (that no Natalie Portman-movie could make justice of) is still the most clever satire ever. It makes 1984 look like a season of Big Brother.
Yeah, I’ve gotten this far and still enjoying the ride so why quit now?
I was thinking of buying a shitload of Blu-Rays too but Amazon refuses to let me know if they sell movies that I can play on my Region 2/B player or what kind of subtitles are available. So I’ll just spend the money on booze instead.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic (ritarussell.wordpress.com)
- Secrets of a Shopaholic Cruiser (cruisesonlyblog.blogspot.com)
- Sophie Kinsella – Confessions of a Shopaholic (nolagirlsocial.wordpress.com)