Carlsberg – Probably NOT the best beer in the world
And the Canadians got mad. After the game some of them left the stadium and started trashing the city of Vancouver. Some started fires and some of them even got hulk mad and started flipping cars over.
My first reaction was: Silly Canadians, getting angry over a hockey game. I would never be that upset over anything.
But then I started thinking and it dawned on me. I recently read something that really enraged me. It would have made me flip a car over if I in that moment had been near a car other than my own. I did kick over a stroller. Yeah, yeah don’t worry, it was empty.
Okay, so what happened was.. let me first paint you a picture:
As you know I love Carlsberg. I love everything about it. Especially how the Carlsberg beer tastes and how it makes me feel. And even though our sponsorship deal fell through with them due to us having to have an age limit here on the blog they we’re really great to talk to. Nice people. Even if they are danish.
I also love the Carlsberg slogan; probably the best beer in the world. Every time I take a sip I say: Sure is.
But.. Last week I read on the prestigeous beer lover site ratebeer.com it didn’t possess the top spot, instead a Swedish beer called Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter is in the top. Actually, Carlsberg didn’t even make the Top 100! And it was even beaten by another Danish beer!!
Pffft, Swedish beer.. And a Swedish beer not even from the north of Sweden nonetheless..
Never in my thirtysomething years have I been this enraged. I can totally empathize with the enraged Canadian hockey fans, it would just make more sense to me if their anger was based on something important.
- A beer to match her purse, or his satchel… (konnorschmaltz.wordpress.com)
- A gender-neutral beer (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Vancouver Fans Riot After Losing Stanley Cup: VIDEOS (towleroad.com)
- “That Calls For A Carlsberg” (chefsnews.wordpress.com)
- Riots erupt in Vancouver after Stanley Cup loss (sportsillustrated.cnn.com)
- Vancouver Canucks Loses Stanley Cup, Fans Start Riot (johnchow.com)
- The Boston Bruins are the 2011 Stanley Cup Winners! (slog.thestranger.com)
- Världens bästa öl görs i Örebro (aftonbladet.se)
- De brygger världens bäst öl (expressen.se)
- Gunnar Nordström: Kravaller i år igen (expressen.se)
- Upplopp efter förnedringen (aftonbladet.se)
- Det är tårgas och rökbomber överallt (aftonbladet.se)