We have beards so we know Thor.. in 3D!! Movie Review!
Yesterday I went on a magical journey to a world where men with beards are Gods. The world was Asgard, and the movie was Thor (2011). In 3D!!
Actually, it wasn’t shot in 3D and the conversion wasn’t great, so even though I am a big fan of 3D I would recommend seeing it in 2D.
Even though it gave Stellan Skarsgård‘s acting extra depth I think you should spend that extra money on popcorn instead..
Despite the bad 3D conversion, I found the movie great. Don’t get me wrong, it’s no masterpiece, but it’s a funny, action-filled two hour adventure and money well spent.
Here’s three reasons you should go see it:
- The Mighty Thor. Even if I in the past openly have lobbied for Swedish True Blood actor Alexander Skarsgård to play the God of Thunder, Chris Hemsworth won me over in minutes.
- The supporting cast. From aforementioned Stellan Skarsgård to Academy Award winner Natalie Portman, the movie is full of great actors. And even though the script isn’t great, the likes of Anthony Hopkins (Odin), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Kat Dennings (Darcy Lewis – cudos for having the balls to allow a woman to be the comic sidekick for once), Ray Stevenson (Volstagg) makes you forget it isn’t.
- The nerdy stuff. Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, S.H.I.E.L.D, and Hawkeye are all referenced in the movie. Some of them even make a cameo appearance. And for comic book nerds, this reason is all you should need.
Here’s one reason you shouldn’t go see it:
- If you love the helmet, you will be disappointed.
One last tip: Don’t leave before the credits finish rolling.
More on Thor from Lunki and Sika
The Mighty Thor: Lightning Strikes Twice
More “We have Beards so we know Movies!” Reviews
- THOR – In Cinemas NOW! (hamiltonhodell.wordpress.com)
- Movie Review: Thor (2011) (pacejmiller.wordpress.com)
- Det kunde ha blivit våldsamt (aftonbladet.se)
- Thor (expressen.se)
- Stellan Skarsgård om superkontraktet (expressen.se)
- A Droid Premiere – Thor (2011) (moonwolves.wordpress.com)