Bored to Death, NOT!
How he solves anything is a mystery.
I just love that tagline! I have started to watch the HBO sitcom Bored to Death, and it’s everything but boring.
It is about Jonathan Ames (Jason Schwartzman) who is left by his girlfriend because she thinks he drinks to much white wine and smokes to much pot. Depressed and high he puts an ad on Craig’s list offering his services as a private detective, even though he is far from licensed. Soon enough he starts getting assignments like:
- The Case of the Stolen Skateboard
- The Case of the Stolen Sperm
- Escape from the Dungeon!
- The Gowanus Canal has Gonorrhea!
But more that anything Bored to Death is a about male relationships, and considering the 100% male domination at our office, that is something I can relate to.
Jonathan’s friends are the struggling comic book artist Ray Hueston (Johnny the Intern-lookalike Zach Galifianakis) and his pothead/sex addict boss George Christopher (Ted Danson). Both brilliantly casted.
My advice is you find a decent TV show distributor and start to watch Bored to Death. And please, let me know what you think!
- “HBO Renews ‘Bored to Death’ And ‘Eastbound & Down'” (deadline.com)
- Hooked on “Bored to Death” (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- TV Junkie: Interviews from the ‘Bored To Death’ premiere (laist.com)